Red White and Blue Popcorn Balls
From Comfort Keeper's Blog:
- 6 cups popcorn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 regular sized marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon cherry flavored jello
- 1 tablespoon berry blue flavored jello
- Cooking spray
- Prepare cookie sheet by lining with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl prepare two cups of popcorn.
- In a small pot melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 4 marshmallows together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cherry flavored jello. Stir over heat for 30 seconds.
- Pour over popcorn and stir till the marshmallow mixture in completely incorporated.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Spray hands with cooking spray so the popcorn does not stick to your hands when handling it.
- Roll popcorn into two balls and set onto prepared cookie sheet.
- REPEAT the same steps to make the berry blue balls by adding the berry blue flavored jello in place of the cherry flavored jello.
- And REPEAT the same steps for the white balls minus the jello.